Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Auditor – FSI (Experienced Hire)
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full-timeCompany Description
- Auditing is a highly complex process, and the importance of auditors as a vital link in the financial reporting chain has never been more important nor their role as trusted advisors more valued.
- The candidate will have the responsibility to be the accountant in charge of audit client engagements, and by implication he / she will provide support to engagement team members.
- The candidates must have a clear understanding of audit process and appreciable knowledge of managing audit engagements. He / she should be conversant with International Standards on Auditing (ISA), International Financial Reporting Standards, Companies and Allied matters Act and other laws and regulations to be used in the audit process.
- Be aware of all the audit imperatives and demonstrate how he / she has specifically implemented these on task assigned
- Display knowledge and application of ISA . He should be research minded and ready to related the applicable ISA to the task assigned .
- Should possess ability to display knowledge and application of IFRS, GAAP, IFRS for SME’s (where applicable) etc in the audit working paper. Staff at this level should demonstrate ability to assist others understand and apply these reporting frameworks on the job.
- Ability to identify relevant risk from business process and design appropriate response to risk identified.
- Ability to use Audit tools and resources
- Ability to identify weaknesses in control and provide recommendations with a view to adding value to the business of the client.
- Prompt archival of audit file within the approved time limit
- Ability to commence planning and conclude assigned sections / engagement within the stipulated timeframe agreed with management . Staff at this level should show willingness to keep up with engagement budget as it relates to their assigned task / sections
- Effectively communicate engagement progress / status to his / her senior or manager
- Bachelor’s degree / HND holder with a minimum of second class upper / upper credit
- Have a minimum of five credits in WASSCE Ordinary Level/NECO subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- ICAN or ACCA qualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience
- Experience in any of the Big 4s will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of the firm’s business
- Good understanding of clients’ business
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality as role involves dealing with client information and trade secrets
- Ability to manage information flow and dissemination on a need to know basis
- Effective time management for work flow and delivery of results
- Ability to plan and prioritize workloads in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online