Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is the UK public body dedicated to supporting democracy around the world. Operating directly in over 40 countries, WFD works with parliaments, political parties, and civil society groups as well as on elections to help make countries’ political systems fairer and more inclusive, accountable and transparent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant – Nigeria
Contract length: October 2020 – 31 March 2021
Start Date: Immediate – Applications accepted from candidates with a maximum of 1 weeks’ notice.
Contract type: Full-time Fixed Term Contract for Service
- This is an exciting time to be joining WFD, we are now looking to recruit an experienced Programme Assistant to support the development of a new programme based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The Programme Assistant (PA) will play an active role in developing WFD’s programme and operations in Nigeria.
- Reporting to the Country Representative the Programme Assistant will provide support to the entire country office team in the development and delivery of programmes and associated activities.
- The Programme Assistant will be involved in a variety of administration tasks including, financial administration and travel and event management
The Commonwealth Equality Project (CEP)
- The Commonwealth Equality Project (CEP) is a Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) funded Commonwealth-wide programme focussed on expanding the participation of women, girls and LGBT+ persons in political and societal decision-making processes. The programme will operate in 13 countries across the Caribbean, Pacific, Africa and Africa and will be implemented over a six-month period. The programme will be delivered in close partnership with Kaleidoscope Trust, a non-profit LGBT+ rights organisation.
- The Nigerian programme will focus on exploring and strengthening gender equality, inclusion and rights of marginalised groups. WFD will work with parliamentarians and officials, independent institutions, civil society organisations and other stakeholders. Gender equality, human rights, inclusivity and support for thematic areas wherever appropriate are integrated in the work we do
The core skills and experience we are looking for are
- Proven experience working in a similar position supporting busy teams.
- Experience of office practices and administrative processes.
- Excellent organisational skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent numerical skills with some financial administration experience.
- Good understanding of English with the confidence to communicate in writing and orally.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft 365 suite of Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Dynamics)
- The ability to manage multiple tasks, the capacity and flexibility to complete these tasks to deadlines as required.
WFD’s Competency and Skills Framework
- WFD’s competency and skills framework describes the behaviours required for each position. This position provides a support function within the organisation, candidates applying for this position will be assessed at interview against the competencies relevant for a Support Level position.
£900 Per Calendar Month
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This role is Subject to Funding